Home > Forum > Culture and Art > CECP China endangered Culture Protectors looking for international volunteers
Culture and Art
Titles: CECP China endangered Culture Protectors looking for international volunteers Update time: Oct 26, 2015
1#
CECP Wuhan Alley Walk - now recruiting international volunteers!

Wuhan Alley Walk (WAW) is a social education project aiming at providing intercultural communication interactive learning and cultural protection activities at the historical districts in Wuhan. Currently we are recruiting international volunteers as team leaders for young students in Wuhan (aged 11-14) to complete such activities. 

Who you are:
International student or professional who lives in Wuhan and speaks some Chinese sufficient for daily communication
Speaks and writes English 
Interested in Chinese culture
Easygoing approachable and fun
Committed and responsible 

What will you do: 
Guide a group of students (4-5) to complete a one-day tour and scavenger hunt in old Hankou area 
Complete a scrap book with your team from the materials collected on the first day 
Prepare a group game or team-building activity from your culture and lead the students to participate 

The dates will be on weekends tentatively in late Nov or Dec and the volunteers will be needed for one and a half days.

What will you gain:
Mingle with Chinese families and learn Chinese culture
Practice leadership 
Explore Wuhan in a fun way 

What do we offer:
Team leader training
Free meals
CECP Souvenir 
CECP international volunteer certificate 
And internship opportunities! 

How to enroll:
Email your CV to cecpsep@126.com. Please feel free to call Liz at 13627272126 if you have any inquiries. 

We will contact you for interview and training. We look forward to hearing from you. Thank you for your interest in CECP! 

CECP
www.icecp.org
wechat official account cecporg

Titles: Re:CECP China endangered Culture Protectors looking for international volunteers Update time: Oct 26, 2015
2#
Some CECP activities:

CECP组织了几十次覆盖全国范围乃至国际的文化考察

CECP成立了以宣传保护中国龙舟文化为目的的武汉第一支国际龙舟队,队员为来自世界近30个国家的CECP志愿者,连续四年参加武汉东湖龙舟邀请赛和其他各项赛事。

2013年6月,在尼泊尔阿尼哥协会的帮助下,我们联合中国人民对外友好协会,尼泊尔驻华大使馆在武汉成功举办了中国尼泊尔友谊展,并邀请到尼泊尔大使马斯基阁下来到会展现场致辞。十余家尼泊尔文化相关展商专程来到武汉,为武汉人民展示了精彩的尼泊尔旅游和文化。

2015年CECP到尼泊尔回访,并在尼泊尔志愿者和阿尼哥协会的帮助下,在加德满都举办中尼友谊展-CECP中国文化展,中国驻尼泊尔大使吴春太阁下出席。随后CECP志愿者在尼泊尔全境进行了半个月的文化考察。

古村落是中国文化的DNA,蕴含了最美的中国风景和中国气质。2015年5月,CECP组织CECP中的国际音乐家志愿者们走进中国的古村落-安徽历溪,举办一系列公益音乐会,让传统建筑成为音乐厅, 让古典音乐和中国文化对话,从而为不同的文化找到新的灵感和语言。同时我们也同乡村里的本土音乐家们进行交流,以即兴创作的方式重新演绎各种音乐,以实现东西方音乐的交流和交融。CECP古村落音乐会是向世界传播中国古村落的美,并呼唤对古村落及其所代表的中国传统文化的保护。

羊楼洞国际茶叶文化体验营暨CECP古村落文化保护项目

武汉小径历史建筑地图,向世界介绍武汉,展现深藏在小径中的武汉历史文化底蕴。让更多的人因为老建筑而了解武汉,爱上武汉。

Titles: CECP China endangered Culture Protectors looking for international volunteers Update time: Oct 26, 2015
3#
Well I assume they do have their ways to raise money to keep this project going and staying positively meaningful. I don't think it's a shame. Do I collect the money? Why not make a phone call to them and find out yourself? Or you won't believe anyway right?

I do hope you can do a little research before you make your accusations like 'unpaid English teachers' or 'pretending it's some kind of cultural program' there are all kind of scams out there but as I said 'not everything is that negative'.  

This group has been organizing hundreds of trips to hidden wonders of this country city walks to discover the historical buildings in the alleys of the city and many cultural events like a dragon boat team and classical music concerts in old villages.  I believe our international volunteers will be shocked to know you call them 'unpaid English teachers'. Well if you see everything they do as 'English teaching' and we are just 'pretending it's some kind cultural program'  this group is definitely not for you. I believe you have better ways to enjoy  your life in China and make your contributions to the expats community.

Last edited by:tutta Time:2015-10-26 09:02:04
Titles: Re:CECP China endangered Culture Protectors looking for international volunteers Update time: Oct 30, 2015
4#
Sounds like a Great activity and experience! Ill check my agenda

Titles: Re:CECP China endangered Culture Protectors looking for international volunteers Update time: Mar 31, 2017
5#

I can't support Wuhan Alley Walk (WAW) any more.if you want to find a part-time or full-time to meets your living needs please fell free to ask.and my skype ID is chinesejob002 wechat is chinaexpat8821 and my phone:15172359257

Total 1 Page/5Record number

Titles:

Content: